You can choose which third-party apps users can install from the G Suite Marketplace. For EDU domains, the default is to not allow users to install any third-party apps. For all other domains, the default is to allow users to install any app available in the Marketplace.
To allow some third-party apps but not others, you can add specific apps to a whitelist. Your users can only install apps you've whitelisted.
Note: Whitelisting doesn’t affect apps that are already installed, it only blocks new installs.
To specify the Marketplace apps users can install:
From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps.
- On the left, click Marketplace settings.
- Click Manage Access to apps.
- Select an option:
- Allow users to install any application from G Suite Marketplace.
- Do not allow users to install any application from G Suite Marketplace.
- Allow users to install only whitelisted applications from G Suite Marketplace.
- If changing your setting, click Save changes.
If you choose to whitelist apps, follow the additional steps below.
- Click Manage whitelist.
- Click to display a list of available apps.
- Move the scrollbar down to view additional apps
- Once the entire app list is displayed, use Ctrl + f or ⌘ + f (Mac) to search for all or part of an app name.
- Check the box next to the apps you want to add, then click Whitelist.
- Click Confirm.
The list of apps available for whitelisting will not match the list of all available apps in G Suite Marketplace. It only shows apps that are available to non-admin users. If there's an app you'd like to be available to non-admins, contact the app developer about enabling it for all users.Remove apps from a whitelist
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Apps.
- In the Marketplace apps box, click Apps whitelisted.
- Check the box next to the apps you want to remove, then click in the upper left.
- Click Confirm.
When an admin removes a Gmail add-on from the whitelist of allowed G Suite Marketplace applications, the add-on is removed for any user who previously installed that Gmail add-on.