If you have the legacy free edition of G Suite, upgrade to G Suite Basic to get this feature.
After you create a calendar resource (such as a meeting room) for your organization, you can manage its sharing permissions and other settings. To manage a calendar resource in Google Calendar, you need to first add the resource to your My calendars list.
Before you begin
- You need an administrator account with calendar resource privileges.
The Services Admin pre-built role has calendar resource privileges. You can use that role or create a custom administrator role. For instructions, see Assign administrator roles to a user or Create custom administrator roles.
- If the resource you want to manage doesn't exist yet in Calendar, create the resource.
Add a resource to My calendars list and configure settings
- Sign in with your G Suite administrator account and open Google Calendar.
- On the left, above My Calendars, click Add Browse resources.
- On the right, next to the resource you want to add, check the box.
The resource now appears in your My calendars list.
- Point to the resource and click More Settings and sharing.
You can share the resource, get notifications, or change other settings.
Note: Users can add the resource to their Other calendars list, where they can view the resource but not edit or manage it.