Available if you make payments on the monthly Flex Plan.
To get more business features and administrator controls, upgrade your edition of G Suite. Upgrade at any time—while still in your free trial or after paid service starts.
- G Suite Basic to Business or Enterprise edition
- G Suite Business to Enterprise edition
- Compare features below
Using Business email powered by G Suite? If you have unlocked G Suite Basic features, you can upgrade to G Suite Business or Enterprise edition. Learn more
Step 1: Upgrade your subscription
When you upgrade, everyone gets the same subscription. For example, you can’t upgrade some users to use G Suite Business features while others keep using G Suite Basic.
Note: If you purchased G Suite from a reseller (and not through Google): Contact your reseller to upgrade your subscription.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Billing.
- Under Available upgrades, next to G Suite Business or G Suite Enterprise, click Find Out More.
- In the bottom right, click Get started.
- (Optional) In the Promotion Code field, enter any promotional code you may have.
- Click Continue.
- Check the box that appears on the screen to indicate that you have read the terms of the agreement and click Continue.
If you previously purchased Drive storage or Google Vault licenses: In some cases, these licenses for Drive storage and Vault may remain assigned after you upgrade. To avoid charges for these licenses, check and remove any individual Drive and Vault licenses from users who received G Suite Business or G Suite Enterprise licenses.
(Optional) Step 2: Set up archiving with Google Vault
If you haven’t yet set up archiving with Google Vault, see Get started: Vault administrators.
Benefits of upgrading
Here are just some of the features you gain by upgrading to G Suite Business or Enterprise edition.
|Storage per user||Unlimited*||Unlimited*||30Gb|
|Google Vault and Cloud Search||✔||✔|
|Advanced Drive controls||✔||✔|
|Audit and reporting features||✔||✔|
|Mobile audits and alerts||✔||✔|
|Up to 30 participants in Hangouts Meet||✔|
|Enhanced Drive security||✔|
|Email and image scanning||✔|
|Gmail log analysis in BigQuery||✔|
|Advanced security via keys and S/MIME encryption||✔|
|Automated mobile device management||✔|
|Information privacy protection and IRM (Information Rights Management)||✔|
* If there are 4 or fewer users in your organization, each user gets 1 TB of storage.
There are no fees for upgrading your G Suite subscription. See pricing for each subscription.