If you receive this error message while trying to create a new G Suite account with your domain or while trying to add a domain alias to an existing primary G Suite account, consider the following:
- Have you already added this domain as a domain alias on another G Suite account? If so, please remove the alias from the existing primary domain and then try adding it to the new primary domain.
- Have you signed up for an independent G Suite account with this domain? If so, delete the existing G Suite account and then add it as another domain or domain alias to your primary account.
- Did you recently delete the G Suite account associated with this domain? If so, please wait up to 24 hours from the time of deletion (or 7 days if you purchased your account from a reseller) and then add this domain to your primary account or sign up for a new primary account with this domain.
- Have you removed a domain alias or secondary domain from your account which you now want to add back? For example, you removed a secondary domain and want to add it back as a domain alias.
- If none of these situations apply, and you have checked that nobody else in your organization is using this domain name for a G Suite account, contact Google Cloud Support so they can verify that you are the rightful current owner of the domain name. If you already have a G Suite, Education or Government domain, you can create a support case from the Support section of your Admin console.