Error: This domain name has already been used as an alias or domain.
If you receive this error message while trying to create a new Google Apps account with your domain or while trying to add a domain alias to an existing primary Google Apps account, consider the following:
- Have you already added this domain as a domain alias on another Google Apps account? If so, please remove the alias from the existing primary domain and then try adding it to the new primary domain.
- Have you signed up for an independent Google Apps account with this domain? If so, delete the existing Google Apps account and then add it as a domain alias to your primary account.
- Did you recently delete the Google Apps account associated with this domain? If so, please wait up to 24 hours from the time of deletion (or 7 days if you purchased your account from a reseller) and then add this domain as an alias to your primary account or sign up for a new primary account with this domain.
- Do you want to convert your primary domain to an alias and vice versa? If so, you can swap the two domains.
- If none of these situations apply, and you have checked that nobody else in your organization is using this domain name for a Google Apps account, contact Google Enterprise Support so they can verify that you are the rightful current owner of the domain name. If you already have a Google Apps for Business, Education or Government domain, you can create a support case from the Support section of your Admin console.
If none of the above scenarios apply to you, you can troubleshoot this problem here.