If you receive this error message while trying to create a new Google Workspace account with your domain or while trying to add a domain alias to an existing primary Google Workspace account, consider the following:
- Have you already added this domain as a domain alias on another Google Workspace account? If so, please remove the alias from the existing primary domain and then try adding it to the new primary domain.
- Have you signed up for an independent Google Workspace account with this domain? If so, delete the existing account and then add it as another domain or domain alias to your primary account.
- Did you recently delete the Google Workspace account associated with this domain? If so, please wait up to 24 hours from the time of deletion (or 7 days if you purchased your account from a reseller) and then add this domain to your primary account or sign up for a new primary account with this domain.
- Have you removed a domain alias or secondary domain from your account which you now want to add back? For example, you removed a secondary domain and want to add it back as a domain alias.
- If none of these situations apply, and you have checked that nobody else in your organization is using this domain name for a Google Workspace account, contact Google Cloud Support so they can verify that you are the rightful current owner of the domain name. If you already have a Google Workspace, Education or Government domain, you can create a support case from the Support section of your Admin console.