If you have an additional domain or secondary domain alias that you no longer use with your Google Workspace account, you can remove the domain from your account. Your users will stop receiving email and other Google services at the domain.
Remove a domain from Google Workspace or Cloud Identity
- Sign in as a user in the other domain.
- Follow instructions to copy a classic site.
If you are removing a secondary domain:
- Delete any groups associated with this domain.
- Remove any user aliases associated with this domain.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Users.
- To find users with the domain you are removing:
- Rename any users that are associated with this domain.
Tip: If you have a large number of users, you can rename them in bulk.
Remove any test or alias domains associated with the domain, for example, your_domain.test-google-a.com.
In the Admin console, go to Menu AccountDomainsManage domains.
- In Manage domains, scroll to the domain you're removing, and click Remove.
Reuse your domain's name
Usually, you can reuse a domain's name in your current Google Workspace account within 30 minutes of removing it. However, if the domain had a large number of users, you might need to wait up to 24 hours.