This article is for Google Workspace administrators. If you have a personal Gmail account, go to Gmail messages are missing.
If you or your users aren’t receiving email from a particular sender, try the steps in this article.
Check if the email was delivered to Google
As an administrator, you can find missing messages using Email Log Search. If a message was delivered to Google’s server, the tool will let you know of its whereabouts for up to 30 days.
In the Admin console, go to Menu ReportingEmail Log Search.
- Next to Date, select a date range from the list.
- In the search fields, enter any information you have and click Search.
- Under Subject (or Message ID), click any of the subjects to see message details and delivery status.
- If your missing message is listed but you still can’t find it, try these common fixes for missing messages.
- If you don’t see anything about the message, it wasn’t delivered to Google’s servers. In this case, contact the message sender.
For detailed information about Email Log Search:
Contact the sender of the missing message
If the missing message never reached Google’s servers, contact the message sender and ask them to find out what happened to the message. Ask the sender to:
- Check their Sent Mail and Drafts. If the email isn't there, they might have deleted it before they sent it.
- Check to see if they got a delivery error (bounce) message. Wait a few hours to see if they get a delivery error message.
Missing messages from a website contact form
If Gmail isn't getting expected messages from a website contact form, follow the steps in Troubleshoot Gmail issues with contact forms. This article has troubleshooting information for common issues with contact forms, including:
- Valid messages from your website contact form are sent to spam or rejected.
- Gmail isn’t getting expected messages from contact forms from common contact form providers, including GoDaddy, Zendesk, Squarespace, and Shopify.