You can make it easy for users to find your core G Suite services by creating custom web addresses—also known as URLs—to each service. For example, with a custom address, users can sign in to their Gmail account at mail.yourdomain.com instead of at the longer default address mail.google.com/a/yourdomain.com. You can create custom addresses in your primary and secondary domains for services, including Gmail, Calendar, Sites, and others.
If you purchased your domain from a Google partner during the G Suite sign-up process, you don't need to create custom addresses for your Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sites and Groups for Business services. We've customized these addresses for you.
Customize a service address
From the Admin console Home page, go to Company profileCustom URLs.
- Select the domain you want to update from the drop-down list.
- If necessary, click Change URL and fill in the form to create a custom address for each available service, typing a prefix for each new web address. Sample prefixes for Google services include mail, calendar, drive, sites, and groups.
To use a prefix that you've already created for another service: Remove or rename the existing prefix and click Save. Then add the prefix to the service URL.
- Click Save.
- Follow the instructions that appear to add a CNAME record for each service address you're customizing. To add a CNAME record, sign in to your account at your domain host's website, not with Google.
For example, to create the Gmail address mail.yourdomain.com, add a CNAME record that points mail to ghs.googlehosted.com. Your domain host records will look something like this:
Type Name or Host Value or Address CNAME ghs.googlehosted.com CNAME calendar ghs.googlehosted.com
- Click I've completed these steps.
If you see an error message, check the the following:
- The custom URL may be in use as a customized Google Sites address. For details, see Customize a Google Site address.
- The custom URL may be in use as a service access URL.
- You entered duplicate URLs.
- Your domain is set up with a security measure, such as HTTP Strict Transport Security, which requires HTTPS connections. The Admin console supports only HTTP connections for custom URLS, so you can't customize service addresses for your domain. You can check the HTTP Strict Transport Security status for your domain at https://hstspreload.org.