1&1 CNAME records
- Log in to your account at https://admin.1and1.com
- If you have only one package, you will land on the Administration page. Proceed to step 4.
- If you have more than one package, select the package with the domain you're trying to verify. The Administration page for the specified domain appears.
- Under Domains & Web Space, click Domain Center. The Domain Overview page appears.
- Select the box to the left of the domain you would like to verify. A blue check will appear.
- From the New drop-down menu, select Create Subdomain.
- Enter the following code [TOKEN] in lowercase letters, and click OK.
- Press the yellow + symbol next to Subdomain Overview.
- Check the box next to the subdomain. The subdomain should now read: token_code.yourdomain.com.
- Click the Subdomain Settings button, and select Edit DNS settings in the drop-down menu.
- Click the radio button next to CNAME.
- Next to Alias, enter [TOKEN] in lowercase letters.
- Click OK.
Be aware it may take as long as 72 hours before DNS changes are propagated, depending on the time to live (TTL) that was configured for your records. Until records have been updated worldwide, you will still receive traffic to your old server.
Follow the steps within Troubleshoot CNAME records to fix your DNS setup.
Domain provider help
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?