Skip this step if you already verified your domain by another method (such as TXT record, HTML file, or meta tag).
If you need to verify your domain:
- In the Admin console, scroll to the Get your verification code section and click the Copy button.
- Paste the value in the Value/Answer/Destination/Target column.
- Make sure the record's priority is set to Low or to 15 or greater.
- Log in to your account at https://my.ixwebhosting.com.
- At the top of the page, click My Products.
- In the My Hosting Accounts section, click Manage. You're now at your control panel.
- Click Domains.
- In the Edit Domain section, next to DNS configuration, click Edit.
- Next to DNS Configuration, click EDIT.
- Delete any existing MX records.
To direct your email to your G Suite account, you have to add new MX records to your domain. These are the records that you'll need to add:
MX Server Address Priority ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM 1 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM 5 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM 5 ALT3.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM 10 ALT4.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM 10Note: The values are the G Suite mail servers, and we include five servers in case one fails or requires maintenance.
- Click Add DNS MX Record.
- In the New custom MX DNS record form, leave the Name field empty.
- Leave the default value in the TTL field.
- Enter 1 in the Priority field.
- Enter ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. in the Data field. Include the period (.) at the end of the MX record.
- Click Submit.
- Repeat Steps 8-13, entering the remaining values (MX Server Address) from the table above, and setting the Priority values respectively.
Follow the steps within Troubleshoot MX records to fix your DNS setup.