Register.ca: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your G Suite subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
You get the verification record in the Setup Wizard when you sign up.
Not in the Setup Wizard? Go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard to find the verification record. Copy your unique verification record, return to this article, and go to Step 2: Sign into your domain host.
On the Verify your domain and set up email page, click Choose a different method and select Add a domain host record.
- From the Value/Answer/Destination field, copy the entire unique verification record.
- In the Setup Wizard, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Setup Wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Register.ca site in a new tab. The Setup Wizard remains open in the first tab.
- Sign in to Register.ca.
- Go back to the Register.ca site tab you opened earlier in step 1.3.
- Click Account Management > My Domains.
- Click the domain name you are updating. The Manage Domain screen will open.
- Click Host Records. You may be prompted to change your DNS information. If this is the case, click Enable Advanced DNS Manager to proceed.
- Click Create SPF/Text Record.
- In the TXT Record field, paste the verification record provided by the setup wizard.
- In the Host Name field, enter @.
- Click Submit. The record should appear on the Host Records table.
- Return to the Setup Wizard.
- Check the I saved the TXT verification record box or click Verify.
- If you’re a G Suite customer, go to Next steps to set up Gmail.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.