To use the Google Admin app, you need an administrator account on your device.
For more details about the Google Admin app, see About the Google Admin app for Android.
Set up the app
- Enable API access for your organization.
The app uses APIs and doesn’t work without API access.
- Install the Google Admin app.
- If you haven’t done so already, add your administrator account to your device:
- On your device, open Settings and find the Accounts section.
- Tap Add account and follow the instructions.
Open the app in your administrator account
- Open the Google Admin app .
- If there’s a Sign in button, tap it.
- If you see an error message, such as Unable to sign in or Insufficient permissions, you need to switch to your administrator account:
- Tap Menu or swipe from the left.
- Next to your username, tap the Down Arrow and select your administrator account.
- Enter your Google Account PIN. If you don't have a PIN, optionally create one.
A Google Account PIN provides extra security. If other people use your device, they can’t use the Google Admin app or access any of the data, unless they know the PIN. If you don’t create a PIN now, you can set it up later.
The exact tasks you can perform in the Google Admin app depend on your administrator privileges.
If you open the app and see an error, such as Insufficient permissions, you need to:
- Sign in with or switch to an administrator account.
- Enable API access.
The Google Admin app works with TalkBack, an Android screen reader. For other accessibility information, go to:
To report accessibility issues in Google products, use our accessibility feedback form.