Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, G Suite Essentials, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact G Suite support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your G Suite subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
If you already signed up for G Suite but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
At the top of the Admin console Home page, click Click here to continue setting up the Admin Console.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Admin Console doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the OnlineNIC site in a new tab. The Admin Console remains open in the first tab.
- Sign in to OnlineNIC.
- From the OnlineNIC site, click Manage domain, then click List my domains.
- Under Current domain, click the DNS1 line of the table with your domain name. Change the name servers here.
- In the Modify DNS column, for DNS1, modify to ns1.dns-diy.net and for DNS2, modify to ns2.dns-diy.net. Click Submit.
- Visit www.dns-diy.net and sign in using your OnlineNIC username and password.
- Click Go under adv. edit to add TXT records for your domain.
- Enter the following values:
- For host, enter @.
- For type, select TXT.
- For value, paste the verification record provided by the setup wizard. The record is a 68-character string that begins with google-site-verification:, followed by 43 additional characters.
- Leave the ttl as the default and click Append.
Return to the Admin console. If necessary, click the link at the top of the page to continue setting up the Admin console.
Navigate to the Verify your domain page.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Verify my domain.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Admin console and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.