Onlinenic: Set up G Suite MX records
- Log in to your account at www.dns-diy.net.
- Under adv. edit, click on go.
- Create an MX record for each of the mail servers in the MX record values table. To add each record:
- Leave the host field blank.
- Select MX from the type drop-down menu.
- Enter the G Suite mail server in the data field.
- Enter the corresponding priority in the priority field.
- Enter 300 in the TTL field.
- Click append .
- Delete any existing MX records, or lower their priority. For now, we recommend that you keep all existing MX records, but lower their priority. Later, once you have tested your service and confirmed mail flow, you can delete these records to ensure that mail flows through the new mail server(s).
Be aware it may take as long as 72 hours before DNS changes are propagated, depending on the time to live (TTL) that was configured for your records. Until records have been updated worldwide, you will still receive traffic to your old server.
Follow the steps within Troubleshoot MX records to fix your DNS setup.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?