Whiz: Set up G Suite MX records
- Log in at whiz.in with you username and password.
- Click on the My Account link at the top right hand side of the page.
- Under the Manage Free Services, enter your G Suite domain name. In the drop-down menu, select Manage Records.
- Hit the Enter key.
- Select MX Records, then click on the Add MX Record button.
- Include the MX record values shown in the MX record values table.
- Create an MX record for each of the mail servers. To add each record:
- Enter the G Suite server name in the Value field.
- Enter 3600 in the TTL field.
- Enter the corresponding priority in the MX Priority field.
- Click Add Record.
- Delete any existing MX records, or lower their priority. For now, we recommend that you keep all existing MX records, but lower their priority. Later, once you have tested your service and confirmed mail flow, you can delete these records to ensure that mail flows through the new mail server(s).
Be aware it may take as long as 72 hours before DNS changes are propagated, depending on the time to live (TTL) that was configured for your records. Until records have been updated worldwide, you will still receive traffic to your old server.
Follow the steps within Troubleshoot MX records to fix your DNS setup.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?