Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, G Suite Essentials, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact G Suite support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your G Suite subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
If you already signed up for G Suite but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
Open the setup tool and click Verify.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
Step 2: Sign in to your domain host
Step 3: Add the verification record to your domain's DNS records
- In the Speednames.asia site, click Advanced Tools.
- If you have multiple domains with Speednames.asia, click the domain that you need to verify for your Google service.
- Click DNS Manager. A DNS Manager window opens.
- Click Edit Zone File.
- Click Add Record. The Add Record Details pane appears.
- In the Add Record Details pane, from the Type list, select IN TXT.
- In the Name field, enter @.
- In the Value field, paste the verification code you copied earlier. Don't worry, adding a TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- Click Apply. The record appears in the DNS Records table.
- If you’re going to set up MX records to direct your email to the new Gmail inboxes for your G Suite account, go to Step 4: Tell Google to verify. Otherwise, click Next to save your TXT record.
- Click Next again to confirm. You’ll see a message confirming that your verification record was saved.
Note: The change might take up to 48 hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps in the G Suite Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
Return to the setup tool in the Admin console and click Verify.
Click Continue, then scroll to the bottom of the next page. Click Verify my domain.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Admin console and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.