Occasionally, you might need to provide copies of the G Suite Migration for HCL® Notes® (GSMIN, formerly G Suite Migration for IBM® Notes) logs and send them to support for analysis.
There are 2 ways to export GSMIN logs. Export the logs as structured text or as NSF files.
Option 1: Export logs as structured text (recommended)
Step 1: Enable Detailed event logging
- Open your GSMIN Administration database.
- Click System Setup.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Enable the Detailed migration event logging option.
Note: If Detailed event logging was previously disabled, you must rerun the migration.
Step 2: Provide the GSMIN logs as structured text
- Open the Admin Database log from the Open Log admin database menu option.
Alternatively, open the log databases directly from the Notes client and Domino® administrator by navigating to the GSMIN installation in the migration folder.
- Select the documents in the log that need to be examined. If you're not sure, select the entire log.
- Click Export.
You're prompted to enter a file path (default c:\temp\export.txt).
- Click OK.
The log documents are exported in structured text form.
- On each feeder's main page, click Open Log.
Open Log is only visible if detailed logging has been enabled.
- Repeat steps 2–4 for each feeder log.
Step 3: (Optional) Export your Domino server log
If there are no admin or feeder logs, or if the issue relates to components of GSMIN not loading correctly (for example, feeders not getting created or not starting), you should also export your Domino server log as structured text:
- Open the server log database (log.nsf).
- In the Miscellaneous Events view, select the documents.
- From your Notes client menu, select FileExport.
Note: When Detailed event logging is enabled, individual feeder log databases are created in the same folder as the GSMIN databases on the migration server. This can affect performance. We recommend enabling Detailed event logging only for in-depth troubleshooting.
When troubleshooting, you might need to provide copies of the Notes databases that are involved in migrations to support. You can copy the databases' NSF files to your computer. Once you have local copies, you can email them as file attachments.
Types of NSF files used for troubleshooting:
- GSMIN administrator database records your GSMIN configuration and statistics.
- GSMIN migration log database records the actions taken during the migration.
- Feeders log databases record the actions taken by the feeders to format and migrate the data.
- Notes server log records all actions at the server level.
To copy the NSF file from a database:
- Open HCL Notes.
- Click FileDatabaseOpen.
- Locate the database NSF file and click Open.
- Click FileDatabaseNew copy.
- Select the location for the exportOK.