Occasionally, you might need to provide copies of the Google Workspace Migration for HCL Notes (GWMHN) logs and send them to Google Workspace support for analysis.
There are 2 ways to export GWMHN logs. Export the logs as structured text or as NSF files.
Note: Always provide Google Workspace support with logs exported as structured text (option 1) unless instructed otherwise.Option 1: Export logs as structured text
Step 1: Turn on detailed event logging
- Open your GWMHN Administration database.
- Click System Setup.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Turn on the Detailed migration event logging option.
Note: If Detailed migration event logging was previously turned off, you must rerun the migration.
Step 2: Export the GWMHN logs as structured text
- Open the Admin Database log from the Open Log admin database menu option.
Alternatively, open the log databases directly from the Notes client and Domino Administrator by navigating to the GWMHN installation in the migration folder.
- Select the documents in the log that need to be examined. If you're not sure, select the entire log.
- Click Export.
You're prompted to enter a file path (the default is c:\temp\export.txt).
- Click OK.
The log documents are exported in structured text form.
- On each feeder's main page, click Open Log.
Open Log is only visible if detailed logging has been turned on.
- Repeat steps 2–4 for each feeder log.
Step 3: (Optional) Export your Domino server log
If there are no admin or feeder logs, or if the issue relates to components of GWMHN not loading correctly (for example, feeders not being created or not starting), you should also export your Domino server log as structured text:
- Open the server log database (log.nsf).
- In the Miscellaneous Events view, select the documents.
- From your Notes client menu, select FileExport.
Note: When Detailed migration event logging is turned on, individual feeder log databases are created in the same folder as the GWMHN databases on the migration server. This can affect performance. We recommend turning on Detailed migration event logging only for in-depth troubleshooting.
When troubleshooting, you might need to provide copies of the Notes databases that are involved in migrations to Google Workspace support. You can copy the databases' NSF files to your computer. Once you have local copies, you can email them as file attachments.
Types of NSF files used for troubleshooting:
- GWMHN administrator database—Records your GWMHN configuration and statistics.
- GWMHN migration log database—Records the actions taken during the migration.
- Feeder log database—Records the actions taken by the feeders to format and migrate the data.
- Notes server log—Records all actions at the server level.
To copy the NSF file from a database:
- Open HCL Notes.
- Click FileDatabaseOpen.
- Locate the database NSF file and click Open.
- Click FileDatabaseNew copy.
- Select the location for the exportOK.
Note: Only provide logs as NSF files when Google Workspace support specifically requests them.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.