Occasionally, you might need to provide copies of the Google Workspace Migration for HCL Notes (GWMHN) logs and send them to Google Workspace support for analysis.
You can export GWMHN logs as:
- Structured text (preferred option when submitting logs to support, unless instructed otherwise)
- NSF files
Step 1: Turn on detailed migration event logging
Turn on detailed migration event logging only for in-depth troubleshooting because prolonged use can affect performance.
- Open your GWMHN Administration database and click System Setup.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- For Detailed migration event logging, select Enabled.
- If detailed migration event logging was previously turned off, rerun the migration.
Step 2: Export the GWMHN logs as structured text
- Choose an option:
- In the admin database, click Open Log and select the GCCHN log database.
- Open the log databases directly from the Notes client and Domino Administrator by navigating to the GWMHN installation in the migration folder.
- Select the documents in the log that need to be examined.
If you're not sure, select the entire log.
- Click Export.
- Accept or change the output file path (the default path is c:\temp\export.txt) and click OK.
- To see the feeder logs, on the feeder's main page, click Open Log.
The option is visible only if you have turned on Detailed logging.
- Open the feeder log of each feeder and repeat steps 2 through 4 (naming each log accordingly).
Step 3: (Optional) Export your Domino server log
If there are no admin or feeder logs, or if the issue relates to components of GWMHN not loading correctly (for example, feeders not being created or not starting), you should also export your Domino server log as structured text:
- Open the server log database (log.nsf).
- For Miscellaneous Events, select the documents.
- From your Notes client menu, select FileExport.
When troubleshooting, you might need to provide copies of the Notes databases that are involved in migrations to Google Workspace support. You can copy the databases' NSF files to your computer. Once you have local copies, you can email them as file attachments.
Types of NSF files used for troubleshooting:
- GWMHN administrator database—Records your GWMHN configuration and statistics.
- GWMHN migration log database—Records the actions taken during the migration.
- Feeder log database—Records the actions taken by the feeders to format and migrate the data.
- Notes server log—Records all actions at the server level.
To copy the NSF file from a database:
- Open HCL Notes.
- Click FileDatabaseOpen.
- Locate the database NSF file and click Open.
- Click FileDatabaseNew copy.
- Select the location for the exportOK.
Note: Only provide logs as NSF files when Google Workspace support specifically requests them.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.