GoDaddy: Verify your domain
GoDaddy® domains can usually be verified automatically in the Google Setup Wizard. Use these instructions only if the automatic verification process fails.
Tip: Print these instructions to refer to them as you go through the verification steps.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service such as G Suite or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings.
Need help with verification? Contact support for fast, free, personalized help.
When you initially sign up for your Google service, Google provides the verification record in the Setup Wizard (on the Verify your domain and set up email page).
If you need to verify your domain and you’re not already in the Setup Wizard, go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard for instructions. Select TXT as your verification method in the wizard and then return to this article. Move on to the second Begin setup step below, and log into your domain host website.
On the Verify your domain and set up email page, click Choose a different method and select Add a domain host record.
- Sign in to the GoDaddy website at http://www.godaddy.com in a new browser tab or window.
Click through the Setup Wizard steps until you see the verification record.
The record looks like this:
google-site-verification=followed by a unique string of text and numbers.
- Copy the verification record (including the entire string of text and numbers).
- In the GoDaddy site, click Domains.
- Click the domain that you need to verify for your Google service.
- On the Domain Settings page, scroll down and click the Manage DNS link.
- At the bottom of the Records table, click Add.
- From the Type list, select TXT.
- In the Host field, enter @. Leave the default value of 1 hour in the TTL field.
- In the TXT Value field, paste the verification code you copied earlier. Don't worry, adding a TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- Click Save to save the new verification record. You’ll see the TXT record added to the Records table
- Return to the Setup Wizard in the first browser tab.
- Check the I saved the TXT verification record box and go to Next steps.
Next steps (for G Suite)
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host website open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, open the instructions for setting up Gmail with your host.
- Follow the instructions to set up your MX records for mail delivery to Gmail.