GoDaddy: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, print these instructions to refer to them as you go through the verification steps.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using Gmail, Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
G Suite gives you a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings.
Need help with verification? Contact Google Support for fast, free, personalized help.
When you initially sign up for G Suite, Google provides the verification record in the G Suite Setup Wizard (on the Verify your domain and set up email page).
If you need to verify your domain and you’re not already in the Setup Wizard, go to Find the G Suite verification record for information on how to enter it.
Click through the wizard steps until you see the verification record.
The record looks like this:
google-site-verification= [followed by a unique string of text and numbers].
- Copy the verification record (entire string of text and numbers).
- In the GoDaddy site, click Domains.
- In the table, click the domain you want to verify with G Suite. In this example, we'll use yourdomain.com, but you'll see your own domain name instead.
- On the Domain Details page, click the DNS Zone File tab.
- Under Zone File, click Add Record.
- Click the Record type dropdown list and select TXT (Text).
- In the Host field, enter an @ symbol. Leave the default value of 1 hour in the TTL field.
- Paste the entire verification code into the TXT Value field. Adding a TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- Click Finish.
- Click Save changes to confirm your changes. Your page will refresh listing your new TXT record.
- Return to the Setup Wizard in the first tab.
- Check the I saved the TXT verification record box to move on to the next step.
Now it’s time to set up your Gmail with G Suite. Keep the Setup Wizard and domain host site tabs open. Get detailed instructions for setting up Gmail with your host in an additional tab.