Append footer setting
Use the Append footer setting to configure outbound messages with footer text for legal compliance, or for informational and promotional requirements. The footer is added below the last existing text portion of a message.
Similar to other email security settings, the Append footer setting applies to all users in an organizational unit. Users within child organizations inherit the settings you create for the parent organization.
Set up an email footer for your domain or organizational unit:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- From the Home page, go to Apps > G Suite > Gmail > Advanced settings.
- In the Organizations section, highlight your domain or the organizational unit for which you want to configure settings (see Configure advanced settings for Gmail for more details).
- Scroll down to the Append footer section:
- If the setting's status is Not configured yet, click Configure (the "Add setting" dialog box displays).
- If the setting's status is Locally applied, click Edit to edit an existing setting (the "Edit setting" dialog box displays), or click Add another to add a new setting (the "Add setting" dialog box displays).
- If the setting’s status is Inherited, click View to view the inherited setting, or click Add another to add a new setting (the "Add setting" dialog box displays).
- Type the content for the footer and, optionally, use the formatting tools provided.
Note: There is a 10,000 character limit.
- Optional. You can select append the footer to internal messages being sent within your organization.
- When you're finished, click Add Setting or Save to close the dialog box.
Note: Any settings you add will be highlighted on the "Email settings" page.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the "Email settings" page.
- Test the footer by sending a message to an address outside of your domain. (There may be some delay in saving the changes and taking effect on new mail.)