Restrict access to create sites
This article is for administrators of the classic Google Sites (no Publish button at the top right). Get help for administrators of the new Google Sites.
By default, all users in your domain can create new sites, but you can decide whether you want an organization in your domain to be able to create new sites. Users in an organization that cannot create sites can still edit sites to which they’ve been added as collaborators by a site creator.
Note: You can only change Site Creation settings for organizations, not individual users. If you want to change setting for one user or a set of users, create a new organization for this purpose. You can also add or remove users from an existing organization.
Change the site creation setting
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteSites.
- Click Sharing settings - classic Sites.
- Click the name of the organization that you want to change. If you have a lot of organizations, click the '+' button to expand your options.
- Under the Settings section, go to Site Creation.
- Under Creation of Sites, select:
- Users at domain can create sites to allow everyone in that organization to create new sites.
Users at domain cannot create sites to disable site creation for everyone in that organization.
Note: You can click the Use inherited button near the right margin before saving so that sub-organizations will inherit the site creation setting from its parent organization.
- Click Save.