Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as Google Workspace, Essentials, or Cloud Identity. If you have Google Workspace, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact Google Workspace support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your Google Workspace subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
If you already signed up for Google Workspace but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
Open the setup tool and click Verify.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Admin Console doesn’t provide a link to your domain, open the UOL Host site in a new tab. Keep the Admin Console open in the first tab.
- Sign in to UOL Host.
If you don’t know your username and password, you can contact UOL Host support.
- Click Domain Change DNS Zone.
- Select the domain you want to verify for G Suite and then click Manage.
- Select TXT as the record type.
- Click Create new entry.
- In the Value field, paste the entire verification record that you copied in Step 1. Make sure there are no blank spaces before or after the pasted value.
- Confirm the record creation.
Note: This change can take up to 72 hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps in the Google Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new verification record to verify your domain.
Return to the setup tool in the Admin console and click Verify.
Click Continue, then scroll to the bottom of the next page. Click Verify my domain.
Google Workspace: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your Google Workspace account.
- Keep the Admin console and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.