Highlight templates you want to feature
As a Google Apps administrator, you can feature up to five templates on the site creation page, that users can choose without having to browse the gallery for more.
- Click the Settings tab and then select Sites in the left column.
- On the Sites settings page, click the Templates tab.
- Under Template options, select the Highlight custom templates... option
- In the field that appears, enter the URL to any template in the private or public gallery (just go to the site and copy its URL). Then press Return. The URL appears above the field, where you can enter another template URL, adding up to five templates.
The first template you enter should be your organization's default blank template, since it's the one users start with if they don't choose any other template. Learn more.
- Click Save changes when you're done.
The templates can now be chosen and previewed directly from the site creation page. The first template you highlighted is selected by default.