Restore a recently deleted user
You can restore a user account up to 5 days after deleting it. After you restore the account, the user gets back all access to their email, calendars, and other G Suite data.
After 5 days, the data is gone and Google Support can’t restore it, either.
You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
If the account can be restored
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to Users.
- Under Filters, click and choose Recently deleted users. If you don't see Filters, click in the top toolbar.
- Check the box next to the user you want to restore. If the user doesn't appear in this list, the account was permanently deleted and can no longer be restored.
- At the top right, click .
- Select the organizational unit you want to assign the user to.
- Click Done.
If the user was previously suspended or had their data transferred, they'll show as a suspended user. To give them access, see Restore a suspended user.
You can’t restore a user if...
It's been longer than 5 days since you deleted the user account.
The username has been given to someone else as a primary address or email alias. Or if it’s used for a group.
You don't have an available user license.