Restore a recently deleted user
You can restore a user account up to 20 days after deleting it. After 20 days, the data is gone and Google Support can’t restore it, either.
Access to the user’s previous service
After you restore a user, they might automatically get back access to their Google service (such as G Suite or Cloud Identity Premium) or you might need to reassign a license for the service to the user:
- If you only have one Google service, the user automatically gets back access to that service.
- If you have more than one service, you have automatic license assignment turned on for one service, and the user had a license to that service, the user automatically gets back access to that service.
- In any other case, you need to manually reassign a license for a service to the user.
- If the user had an Archived User (AU) license, your G Suite automatic licensing setting determines whether the user’s AU license is automatically restored or not. If G Suite automatic licensing is on and a corresponding AU license is available, the user’s AU license is restored. If not, you need to manually reassign the license.
- For G Suite, when the user's license is restored (automatically or manually), the user gets back all access to their email, calendars, and other G Suite data (excluding Google+ data), and to their Google Cloud Platform permissions. Google+ data is not restored when a recently deleted user is recovered.
Restore a user
You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Users.
- Above the Users list, click Add a filter and choose Recently deleted.
- Hover over the user you want to recover and click Recover .
- Review the confirmation notice. Then click Continue.
- Select the organizational unit you want to assign the user to.
- Click Recover.
Note: It can take up to 24 hours for this change to take effect.
If the user was previously suspended or had their data transferred, they'll show as a suspended user. To give them access, see Restore a suspended user.
You can’t restore a user if...
It's been longer than 20 days since you deleted the user account.
The username has been given to someone else as a primary address or email alias. Or if it’s used for a group.
You don't have an available user license.