Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as Google Workspace, Essentials, or Cloud Identity. If you have Google Workspace, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact Google Workspace support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your Google Workspace subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
If you already signed up for Google Workspace but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
Open the setup tool and click Verify.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Admin Console doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Sedo site in a new tab. The Admin Console remains open in the first tab.
- Sign in to Sedo.
- Go back to the Sedo site tab you opened earlier in step 1.3.
- Under Domains, look for the domain name you are using with your Google service and click Configure (Config).
- Click the DNS records (A/ MX /CNAME) tab.
- Select TXT from the drop-down menu.
- In the TXT Resource record field, paste your unique Google verification record, provided in the setup wizard.
The record is a 68-character string that begins with google-site-verification, followed by 43 additional characters.
- Click the Save button and then click Confirm.
Return to the setup tool in the Admin console and click Verify.
Click Continue, then scroll to the bottom of the next page. Click Verify my domain.
Google Workspace: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your Google Workspace account.
- Keep the Admin console and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.