You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
If a user doesn't want to share their profile information in your organization's Directory, you can hide their profile. When you hide a user in Directory:
- Their profile information won't autocomplete when other users enter addresses in services like Gmail and Calendar
- Their profile information won't appear in other users' Contacts Manager
- Their profile information won't appear in Cloud Search results
Hide a user's contact information
- In the Admin console, go to Menu DirectoryUsers.
- In the Users list, find the user. If you need help, go to Find a user account.
- Click the user’s name to open their account page.
- Click User information.
- Click Directory sharing Turn off .
- Click Done.
Changes can take up to 24 hours but typically happen more quickly. Learn more
To let other users find a user's information in the Directory, click Directory sharing Turn on . Click Done to save your changes.
Hide many users with a batch request
If you have many users that you want to hide from Directory, you can use the Directory API to do a bulk update.