Meet hardware uses noise cancellation to emphasize human voices and remove background noise.
- Noise cancellation is on by default for most Google Workspace editions.
- Noise cancellation is off by default for Education Plus, and Teaching and Learning Upgrade accounts.
As a Workspace administrator, you can determine if noise cancellation is on or off at the beginning of each meeting. Users can still change the setting for an individual meeting. Learn more
For more information about the Google Workspace editions and locations that support noise cancellation, go to Compare Google Workspace editions.
From the Admin console Home page, go to DevicesGoogle Meet hardware.
- (Optional) Filter the devices by organizational unit or other criteria.
- Click the device you want to manage.
- Click the Device settings section to expand it.
- Click Edit next to Noise cancellation.
- Check or uncheck the box next to Noise cancellation is on at the beginning of each call.
- Click Save.