In this article
- How you can customise your ads experience
- Customise ad topics and brands
- Limit ads about sensitive topics
With My Ad Centre, you can customise your ads experience on Google services to see ads about things that you like more often and ads about things that you don’t like less often. You can:
- Customise ad topics and brands – to tell Google what kinds of things you want to see more or fewer ads about.
- Limit ads about sensitive topics – to tell Google not to show you ads about certain sensitive topics, like alcohol or gambling.
- Turn on or off personalised ads on Google – to tell Google whether or not to use your preferences, info and activity to show you relevant ads.
Customising your ads and limiting ads about sensitive topics don't affect the ads you see in the same way. When you customise your ads, you let Google know your preferences and we try to show you ads that suit them. If you ask to see fewer ads from a brand or topic, you may still see relevant ads from that brand or topic, but should see ads of different brands or topics more often. When you limit ads about sensitive topics, we recognise that the topic might be uncomfortable for you and make our best attempt to not show you ads about those topics.
Where can you customise your ads
You can customise your ads in the My Ad Centre or on ads you see on Google services. You can access My Ad Centre on every Google service where you might see ads, like Google Search, YouTube and Maps.
My Ad Centre works best in the newest versions of your browser. Without the most up to date version of your browser, you may not be able to use My Ad Centre. Learn more about how to update your browser.
With My Ad Centre, you can customise your ads by choosing the topics and brands that you’d like to get more or fewer ads about. By customising your ads, you have greater control of the kinds of ads that you see on Google services, like Search and YouTube.
When you customise your ad, you are influencing how Google determines what ads to show you. If you tell Google that you’d like to see more ads about hiking and see fewer ads about jewellery, you may start to see more ads related to the outdoors and fewer ones related to necklaces.
You can customise your ads in My Ad Centre and on ads that you see on Google services. To customise your ads, when you see an ad on Google:
- On the ad, select More or Info .
- Select See more or See fewer on the topics or brands you want to see more or fewer ads about.
My Ad Centre is being rolled out across all Google services. You may, however, not see this feature on all Google services right away.
This feature isn’t available if you’ve turned personalised ads off or are signed out of your Google Account.
In My Ad Centre
To customise ad topics and brands in My Ad Centre:
- Go to My Ad Centre
- Select Customise Ads Topics or Brands.
- Select See more or See fewer on the topics or brands that you want to see more or fewer ads about.
With My Ad Centre you can limit the ads that you see about certain topics that you might find uncomfortable. You can limit whether you’ll see ads about certain sensitive ad topics, including:
- Gambling (including social casino games)
- Pregnancy and parenting
- Weight loss
We will make our best attempt to not show you ads about the topics that you’ve chosen, but in some cases these ads may still appear.
- You might see an ad about something else that may still feature the topic that you’ve limited. For example: You might see an airline ad featuring someone drinking a glass of champagne.
- If you search for something related to a topic that you’ve chosen to limit, you might see contextual ads about that topic in your search results. For example: If you use Google Search to look for the best dating app, you may see ads for dating apps in your search results.
When you limit ads about sensitive topics, it affects the ads that you see on Google services while you are signed in to your Google Account.
How to limit ads about sensitive topics
To limit ads about sensitive topics:
- Go to My Ad Centre.
- Select Customise Ads Sensitive.
- Select the toggle next to each topic that you’d like to limit.
- Confirm your selection.
To allow ads about the sensitive topics that you’ve limited again, repeat the steps above.