If you encounter issues when you verify your Google payments profile, complete the troubleshooter.
Troubleshoot verification issues
About verificationWhy we might ask you to verify
- To verify that your info is correct when you access specific content.
- To verify your identity when you complete a transaction with Google.
- We find unusual activity or transactions.
- We need more info for legal or regulatory reasons.
Important: If we ask you to verify your account, any pending transactions are canceled. Pending charges on your bank statement disappear within 14 business days.
If you must verify your identity or payment method, we may ask for your:
- Legal name
- The name used on your Payments profile
- Date of birth
You may also need to provide us:
- An image of your government ID
- A proof of address
- An image of your payment method
Google uses the info you provide to:
- Verify your identity or payment method.
- Protect against fraud and abuse.
- Improve verification services for Google products.
Your verified info, like your name and address, is stored with your Google Account and you can manage it at pay.google.com.
How to complete verification
You may need to submit documents or request a code to verify your info.Verify your payment method with a verification code
- Go to pay.google.com.
- Sign in to your account.
- At the top right, click Alerts Verify.
- If there are no alerts, click Payment methods.
- Next to the card that you want to verify, click Verify Get code.
- On your transaction history, you'll find a temporary charge of less than $1.95 USD called “GOOGLE.” The verification code is the last 6 digits.
- The amount varies by currency.
- You should get the code right away, but it can take up to 7 days.
- Tip: The charge or hold on your account is temporary. Charges are refunded within 30 days.
- To complete verification, return to your account and enter the 6-digit code.
- Go to pay.google.com.
- At the top, click Alerts .
- Click Verify now.
- To verify your identity, follow the on-screen instructions.
To verify your identity or payment method, use the link in the verification request to find a list of accepted documents and instructions.
Make sure your documents:
- Use the same full name in all the documents you submit
- Are updated and not expired
- Are legible
Make sure the image that you upload:
- Is an image of a document and not anything else
- Is legible
- Is in color, not in black and white
- Doesn’t have blur, glare, or dim light
- Shows the full document with all 4 corners
- Make sure your name, address, and payment info are up to date at pay.google.com.
- After you submit your documents, verification may take a few days.
Fix issues with verification
Fix issues with verification codes & temporary holds
Learn how to fix issues when you try to verify payment methods with a verification code.
Fix issues with document verification
To resolve the issue:
- If you receive an email or get an error message: Follow the instructions in the message.
- If you need help from our team to help resolve the issue: We’ll contact you after we review your info.
If you failed verification, you'll receive an email shortly after the decision. To appeal the decision, follow the instructions in the email.