Accessibility on YouTube TV
The YouTube TV app works with certain accessibility features. Accessibility support is available for blind and low vision users via the TalkBack and BrailleBack applications.
You can access YouTube TV at tv.youtube.com or in the YouTube TV app. Detailed instructions for signing up and accessing YouTube TV can be found in the help center article sign up & customize YouTube TV.
Once you have signed up, either navigate to tv.youtube.com or open the app to get started. You will be asked to sign into the Google account associated with your membership if you're aren't already signed in.
Navigate the app
- The Home tab is where you'll find recommendations for what to watch on YouTube TV. These recommendations are based on your watch history on YouTube TV and YouTube. You'll see a combination of live TV shows, on-demand programs, and YouTube videos.
- Live is where you can scroll through networks (e.g., Fox) to see which programs are on right now. Select any program to watch the live airing. You can tap the overflow menu to learn more about the program, add it to your library, or go to the program’s network page.
- The Library tab is where you'll access shows, events, movies, etc. that you've recorded for future viewing.
- In the YouTube TV mobile app, you can press down on your screen on any page to open a menu. The menu includes a variety of actions, like adding a program to your library.
- You can scroll both vertically and horizontally in the YouTube TV app. Vertical scrolling will show you different types of programs and content categories. Horizontal scrolling will show you related programs on a specific topic, like sports.
Sign into your account
- Sign in to your Google account to login to YouTube TV. You can do this at accounts.google.com or by visiting tv.youtube.com.
- Select Sign in.
- Select the Google account associated with your membership.
- Enter your password and any other verification information required.
Sign out of your account
- Sign out of your Google account to log out of YouTube TV. You can do this at accounts.google.com or by visiting tv.youtube.com.
- At tv.youtube.com, select your profile picture.
- Select your account username again.
- The option to sign out will appear at the bottom of a dropdown menu.
Search for shows, events, and movies
In the search bar, you can search for shows, movies, sports teams, events, actors, networks, and more.
- Select the search field from any screen.
- Type a search term into the Search field, and hit enter.
- If you'd like to search by voice, select the microphone icon on the right side of the search bar.
Turn on closed captions
- If closed captions are available for a program, you'll see the CC button next to the progress bar in the video player (on a web browser) or in the overflow menu in the upper right corner of the video player (on a mobile device).
- Select the CC button. Make your selection from the caption tracks to turn on captions.
- For on-demand programs, you can adjust how captions appear in the video player (on a web browser) or within Settings (on a mobile device).
- For live programs, closed captions are fixed—just like on broadcast TV—and you won't be able to adjust how they appear.
- Closed captions are not available on the mini-player on your mobile device or in a collapsed video view on a web browser.