YouTube TV is available on a variety of devices and platforms.Mobile devices & computers
- You can watch YouTube TV on your mobile device, including certain smartphones and tablets.
- YouTube TV also works in a web browser on your computer.
- Check out System requirements below to see specific requirements by platform (mobile device, etc.)
You can stream YouTube TV to your TV using:
- Chromecast devices. Note: If you're using a first generation Chromecast , you may experience a higher rate of errors. It may also take up to 30 seconds to load.
- TVs with Chromecast built-in (e.g., Android TV)
- AirPlay for Apple TV
You can also download the YouTube TV app on select devices to watch YouTube TV on your TV.
Our TV app is available on:
- Android TV
- Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X
- Samsung & LG smart TVs (2016 models and newer)
- Apple TV (4th generation) and Apple TV 4K
- Roku: All Roku TVs, Roku Ultra, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Streaming Stick (3800x, 3600x), Roku Express/Express+ (3910x, 3900x, 3710x, 3700x), Roku Premiere+, Roku Premiere, Roku 4, Roku 3 (4200x, 4230x), and Roku 2 (4210x).
Notes for Roku users:
- If you encounter an HDCP error on your Roku device, turn on the HDMI Ultra HD Color setting on your TV.
- If you experience choppy playback on your Roku device, turn off HDR on your "Display type" settings on Roku. To do this, select Settings > Display type > choose 4k 30Hz TV, 4k 60Hz TV, or 4K HDR 60Hz.
System requirements for Android devices
- YouTube TV works on most Android L devices and above, including on both phones and tablets. Note: YouTube TV is not currently available on Pixel C devices, but this is coming soon.
- To confirm that your device is supported, download the YouTube TV app from the Play Store. If your device is not supported, you won't be able to download the app and will see an alert, "This item is not compatible with your device."
Update your device to improve playback
For the best video playback experience, make sure to update your device to the latest version of Android. To do this:
- Go to your device's Settings.
- Select About.
- Select System updates.
- If an update is available, tap Download and install.