YouTube TV is available on a variety of devices and platforms.
Mobile devices & computers
- You can watch YouTube TV on your mobile device, including certain smartphones and tablets.
- YouTube TV also works in a web browser on your computer.
- Check out System requirements below to see specific requirements by platform (mobile device, computer, etc.).
You can watch YouTube TV on your TV using:
- Chromecast devices
- TVs with Chromecast built-in (e.g., Android TV)
- AirPlay for Apple TV
- We're working to expand YouTube TV to more platforms. We don't currently support other video streaming devices, like gaming platforms, or smart TVs & streaming media boxes without Google Cast (like Roku).
- If you're using a first generation Chromecast , you may experience a higher rate of errors. It may also take up to 30 seconds to load. Learn more about the free Chromecast offer for new members.
System requirements for Android devices
- YouTube TV works on most Android L devices and above, including on both phones and tablets. Note: YouTube TV is not currently available on Pixel C devices, but this is coming soon.
- To confirm that your device is supported, download the YouTube TV app from the Play Store. If your device is not supported, you won't be able to download the app and will see an alert, "This item is not compatible with your device."
Update your device to improve playback
For the best video playback experience, make sure to update your device to the latest version of Android. To do this:
- Go to your device's Settings.
- Select About.
- Select System updates.
- If an update is available, tap Download and install.