You can watch YouTube TV on a computer, TV, or mobile device. In this article, you'll learn more about the various devices and platforms you can use to watch YouTube TV.Mobile devices & computers
- Watch YouTube TV on your mobile device, including certain smartphones and tablets.
- YouTube TV also works in a web browser on your computer.
- Check out System requirements for specific requirements by platform.
You can stream YouTube TV to your TV using:
- Chromecast devices. Note: If you're using a first-generation Chromecast , you may experience a higher rate of errors. It may also take up to 30 seconds to open.
- TVs with Chromecast built-in
- AirPlay for Apple TV
- Google Smart Displays
You can also download or open the YouTube TV app on select devices to watch YouTube TV on your TV:
- Chromecast with Google TV devices
- Android TV (Note: TVs running a mobile version of Android may not be supported)
- Vizio SmartCast TVs
- Samsung & LG smart TVs (2016 models and newer)
- HiSense TVs (models: MTK5658, MTK5659, MSD6586)
- Apple TV (4th generation) and Apple TV 4K
- Fire TV Stick (3rd Gen), Fire TV Stick Lite, Fire TV Stick (2nd Gen), Fire TV Stick 4K, all-new Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Cube (1st Gen), and all Toshiba, Insignia, Element, and Westinghouse Fire TV Edition smart TVs
- Xbox: Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One S, and Xbox One
- PS5, PS4
- TiVo Stream 4K
- Roku: All Roku TVs, Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Ultra, Roku Ultra LT, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Streaming Stick+ HE, Roku Streaming Stick (3600x and newer models), Roku Express/Express+, Roku Premiere+, Roku Premiere, Roku 4, Roku 3 (4200x, 4230x), and Roku 2 (4210x)
- Xfinity Flex devices
- If you’re watching on a web browser like Safari or Chrome and see a black screen while audio is playing, try disconnecting external display devices.
- If you run into an HDCP error on your Roku player, turn on the HDMI Ultra HD Color setting on your TV.
- If you experience choppy playback on your Roku player, turn off HDR on your "Display type" settings on Roku. Go to Settings Display type choose 4K 30 Hz TV, 4K 60 Hz TV, or 4K HDR 60 Hz.
Note: Apple TV users with app version 1.13.1 and newer might experience a blank screen or flickering as your television switches when changing channels and during ad transitions. You can turn off “Match Dynamic Range” on your Apple TV to improve these settings. To turn off dynamic range matching, go to Settings Video and Audio Match Content Match Dynamic Range Off.
System requirements for Android devices
- YouTube TV works on most Android L devices and above, including on both phones and tablets.
- To confirm that your device is supported, download the YouTube TV app from the Play Store. If your device is not supported, the app cannot be downloaded and you'll get an alert. "This item is not compatible with your device."
Update your device
For the best video playback experience, make sure to update your device to the latest version of Android:
- Go to your device's Settings.
- Select System updates.
- If an update is available, tap Download and install.