- This is a limited test for March Madness. We will be exploring how to expand multiview going forward.
- You may see anywhere between 2 to 4 streams shown together based on the timing of when games are scheduled to begin and end.
- This is currently available for YouTube TV on smart TVs and streaming media players only.
- This is not yet available for web or mobile devices.
Open multiview to watch multiple channels at once
You can select one of our pre-set multiview streams from a few different places within the YouTube TV app on your smart TV:
- From the Home tab, you’ll see multiview stream options under the shelf “Top Picks for You.” Choose a multiview stream to open it.
- From the Home tab, choose a live game to open it. Then, select watch in multiview.
- From the Live tab, choose a live game to open it. Then, select watch in multiview.
To close a multiview stream, just hit the back button.
Change the audio track while watching multiview
You can easily switch between audio sources and captions while viewing multiple live programs. To do so, use the direction pad on your remote to highlight the view you want to hear. You’ll see a white border around the view providing the current audio.
Switch to fullscreen
At any point while viewing a multiview stream, you can choose to make one channel full screen. To switch to full screen:
- Use the direction pad on your remote to highlight the view you want to see in full screen.
- Press the Select button on your remote to go to full screen.
- Press the Back button on your remote to return to the multiview setup.
Manage watch history for multiview
You can find the videos you’ve watched via multiview in your YouTube TV watch history. You can individually manage or delete each video you’ve viewed. To delete an entire multiview session, you need to erase all videos from the multiview session.
Learn more about how to delete your watch history here.