You can buy or rent select movies using the YouTube TV app on certain smart TV devices. See the steps below to learn how to buy, rent, or watch movies on YouTube TV.
If you’d like to learn how to add networks to your subscription, go to this article.
- You can only purchase or rent on YouTube TV using a compatible smart TV device. To see which smart TVs you can use to watch YouTube TV, check out this page.
- You can’t buy or rent a movie using Apple TV, but you can use Apple TV to watch a movie you’ve purchased.
- For steps on how to set up the YouTube TV app on some common TV devices, go to this article.
- For family groups:
- Only the head of household on the account can make a rental or purchase. Once they buy or rent a movie, it can’t be shared with other family members on the account.
- Family members won’t see the purchases shelf on the Home tab, or any movies available to buy or rent.
Buy or rent a movie in YouTube TV
To purchase a movie in the YouTube TV app using your smart TV device:
- Open YouTube TV on your TV device.
- Go to the Home tab.
- Find the movie you want to rent or buy, and select the movie thumbnail.
- Select Next.
- Go to tv.youtube.com to complete your purchase using a second device.
After you buy an item, you’ll be able to see it by going to your YouTube TV Library Purchased.
Watch a movie you purchased or rented
You can watch a movie you bought or rented on YouTube TV using a compatible smart TV device. You can also watch any YouTube TV purchases on the YouTube app. To do this, make sure you’re signed in to the same account that you used when making the initial purchase in YouTube TV.
Browse select movies to buy or rent
To browse the selection of premium movies available to buy or rent, go to the Home tab in YouTube TV. You’ll see a purchase shelf showing movies that you can buy or rent.
Once you buy an item, you’ll be able to see it by going to your YouTube TV Library Purchased.