/youtubemusic/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
-
7/17/18
Last.FM supporting 0 Recommended Answers 49 Replies 1513 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
Last edited 9/10/18
It would be very good if there was a built-in Last.FM supporting. What do you think about it?
All Replies (49)
7/17/18
Can you explain what the support should look like? What features would you expect from an integration?

Also, you can always use the Send Feedback option in the app and web player, to share ideas and feedback directly with the team working on YouTube Music.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
-
7/18/18
This is very basic feature for Last.FM integration. 
It records listening history and syncs with last.fm account.
For example, Spotify has native support. It would be great if YouTube Music as a really possible alternative had such feature.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
7/23/18
GPM supports Last.fm from the web as well as from the app.  I've been scrobbling my music for years and hate I have to give that up in order to use YouTube Music.

It might not be so bad if YouTube Music provided the same information as Last.fm (personal play counts, social features, concert information, etc).  Also at the end of the year last.fm will let you go back and see your listening history.  For those of us who listen to lots of music this is really insightful information to have.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
9/4/18
Yes, please. Most music services support it natively (excpet Apple Music and GPM, I think). Last.fm is broadly used worldwide and integrating it shouldn't be too hard.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
9/10/18
You know what's weird? I've never seen a Google employee respond to this request, even in the Google Play forums. If Google is not going to even address this and explain the reason why such an important feature won't be implemented, I don't think they deserve my money.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
9/20/18
Yes, I highly support this idea. YouTube Music should have native support with Last.fm scrobbling. If this were possible, I will use the app much more often.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
9/22/18
Very important request, dare I even say #1.

The feature should have a scrobble "delay" after a customizable time or listening percentage instead of only scrobbling after a track ends. It should also have offline scrobbling where it collects what music I've listened to and when, and posts it when I'm online again.

Pano Scrobbler already does this for Android, but it would be nice to have it unified on all platforms on YTM.

If you want this feature right now and use YTM on a PC you can always try the Google Play Music Desktop Player which supports Last.fm, hotkeys and many more. Even themes are coming in the future. It's mainly for GPM, but you can switch to YouTube Music in the notification tray.
Last edited 9/22/18
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
10/5/18
The feature would involve recording tunes to lastfm "scrobbling", there is also an option to "love" a track, this would probably be hooked up to using thumbs-up in a youtube video.    I don't know what happens about scrobbling things that are not music.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
10/17/18
Please! I like to keep track of what I'm listening and I've been using last.fm for almost 10 years. Thanks <3
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
6/24/19
I agree, scrobbling to Last.fm should be a feature of all music players. Disappointing that this isn't already included.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/youtubemusic/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic