Add your personal music collection to your YouTube Music library by uploading your songs and albums. Once your music is uploaded, you can use YouTube Music to play your uploaded music as part of your listening experience.
How to upload
There are two ways to upload your music. On a computer:
- Drag your file(s) to any surface on music.youtube.com.
- Visit music.youtube.com and click on your profile pictureUpload music.
Supported file formats for uploads include FLAC, M4A, MP3, OGG, and WMA.
You will see a progress bar indicating your music is uploading and a confirmation message once the songs have been uploaded. Your uploaded music may take some time to show up in your library, even after it has been successfully uploaded.
Things to know:
- Music uploads cannot be completed in the YouTube Music mobile app.
- You cannot upload music to a channel on your brand account. If you wish to upload music, you can move your channel to a personal account.
View, manage, and search your uploads
To view or manage the music you’ve uploaded, go to LibrarySongsUploads or LibraryAlbums Uploads. In order to see your uploads in the YouTube Music app, you must be using the YouTube mobile version 3.51+ or newer.
To search for music you’ve uploaded, click or tap “Uploads” after searching to view uploaded search results.
Things to know about music uploads:
- Your music uploads will not influence your music recommendations in YouTube Music.
- Music you have uploaded can only be played by you; other YouTube Music users will not have access to your uploads.
- If you share a playlist with another user that contains music you uploaded, they will not be able to play the uploaded songs in your playlist - including members of your Google or YouTube family plan.
- You can play uploaded songs in the background, ad-free and offline - even if you are not currently a YouTube Music Premium subscriber. You can also cast uploaded content, or play it from smart speakers and Sonos.
- All YouTube Music users can create playlists containing uploaded music and songs from YouTube Music.
- Only audio files and their associated metadata and album art can be uploaded. Video files, PDFs, and other types of content are not supported.
- YouTube Music will automatically remove duplicate copies from your library if the same content is uploaded multiple times.