Download music to listen to music offline
If you're a YouTube Red member, you can enjoy music offline for up to 30 days by downloading your favorite songs. This means you can keep listening to your favorite artists even if you're not connected to the internet or want to save on data.
There are two ways to do this:
- Turn on your offline mixtape. The app will automatically download content for you based on your previous listening history. Learn more about how to view, pause, or delete your watch history. Note: If you turn off your listening history, you can still listen to music offline via a generic offline mixtape.
- Choose specific playlists, songs, or albums to download.
Learn more about YouTube Red and how to start your free trial.
Turn on offline mixtape
- Open the YouTube Music app.
- Tap your profile photo.
- Tap Offline .
- Tap Make my offline mixtape.
Once turned on, your offline mixtape automatically downloads music based on your listening history. If you don't like a song in your offline mixtape, you can remove it by swiping to the left. When you remove a song, it won’t be re-added to your mixtape, but you may still see it elsewhere in the YouTube Music app.
The music selection is refreshed every 24 hours when you're connected to Wi-Fi. Music that is downloaded can be played for up to 30 days after you've disconnected from the internet. Note that when you reconnect to the internet, some content may no longer be available due to content changes or restrictions made by the video creator.
Download playlists and albums
Anywhere you see a playlist or album within the YouTube Music app, tap Menu and select Download.
Download storage space
The number of songs you can download depends on how much free space is available on your device. It is also impacted by the length and quality of the audio or video files that you wish to save.
- You can set a storage limit for your offline mixtape and choose between audio or video downloading by tapping your profile photo > Settings > Offline settings.