With YouTube Music, you can listen to the latest hits, stay connected to artists you love, and discover new music to enjoy on all of your devices.
There are two versions of YouTube Music:
- YouTube Music with ads.
- Our premium music service, YouTube Music Premium, which includes benefits like:
- Background play
- Music with no ads
- Audio-only mode
YouTube Music is currently available in these countries/regions. Learn more about using YouTube Music and how to sign up for YouTube Music Premium below.
Note: Some features in YouTube Music are not available with supervised accounts. Learn more about our supervised experience on YouTube here.
Using YouTube Music
Navigate the app
When you open YouTube Music, you'll see three tabs. Select any of these tabs or use search to find your favorite songs, artists, and albums.
- Home : Check out customized stations and recommendations based on your current mood, activity, or listening history. When you sign in to YouTube Music with your Google Account, you'll also see recommendations based on music you've listened to on YouTube.
- Explore : Use the explore tab to browse the newest releases on YouTube Music or pick a curated playlist based on your mood.
- Library : View songs, playlists, and albums that you've added to your library. As a YouTube Music Premium member, you can also scan recently played songs and playlists, and see any music you've downloaded.
Add music to your library
You can add songs or playlists to your library, create customized playlists, and more. Learn about customizing your music experience in YouTube Music.
Manage your music recommendations
Sign in to YouTube Music with your Google Account—you'll get recommendations based on music you've listened to in YouTube Music and on YouTube. Learn more about how to view, pause, or delete your watch history.
Stream via Wi-Fi on mobile
If you're using YouTube Music on your mobile device, you can turn on the "Stream via Wi-Fi only" setting.
To turn on "Stream via Wi-Fi only":
- Select your profile picture.
- Select Settings .
- Turn on "Stream via Wi-Fi only."
YouTube Music Premium
With a YouTube Music Premium membership, you can listen to music without ads, enjoy background play, audio-only mode, and the ability to download and listen offline (except on the YouTube Music for Chromebook App). Learn more about the benefits of YouTube Music Premium and start your trial.