Samples is a new experience in the YouTube Music app that makes music discovery fun, effortless, and immersive. Browse the Samples tab to find an endless, personalized stream of short music video segments - from new releases to old favorites.
With Samples, you can:
- Explore new music
- Save songs to your library or to playlists
- Share with friends
- Go to full videos
- Find related videos that use the song
To find samples in the YouTube Music app, tap Samples in the bottom menu.
Discover new music with Samples
To find Samples in the YouTube Music app, tap Samples in the bottom menu.
- To start or pause a sample, tap directly on it.
- To advance to the next sample, swipe down.
- To return to the previous sample, swipe up.
Save a song to your likes or playlists
While watching a Sample,
- Tap Like to save a song to your library
- Tap Save to save a song to a playlist. Tap Change to select a different playlist.
View Shorts that used this song
Spark your own creativity by viewing Shorts that feature sampled songs. From the Samples feed, click Shorts on the right side of the screen. You’ll be redirected to the YouTube app to view Shorts created by other users.
To make your own Short featuring the song, tap Use this sound to begin creating.
Share samples with friends
If you find a Sample you like, you can share it with your friends using a link or post it to social media.
To share a Sample:
- Go to the Samples tab in the YouTube Music app.
- Find the sample you want to share.
- Tap Share on the right side of the screen.
View the full video
Tap More on any sample to:
- Start a radio station based on the song
- Play the song next
- Add the song to your queue
- Go to the album or artist page
If you tap on the album art, you’ll be directed to the album page.