Manage YouTube Kids profile settings
Children's profile settings can be managed from two places: the child's profile and parent settings.
First, create a profile. Then change the child's settings:
Instructions for parents
- On the Home page, tap the lock icon .
- Tap Settings.
- Under 'My kids', select the profile that you'd like to manage.
- Enter your password, then tap Next.
Instructions for children
- At the top of the page, tap the avatar .
- On the 'Choose a profile' page, tap Edit.
- Select a different avatar, or tap Settings for more options.
What settings can a parent or a child change?
|Settings||Parent can control||Child can control|
|Date of birth||Y||N|
|Profile PIN/Lock||N, but parent can reset||Y|
|Clear/pause search and watch history||Y||Y (clear history only)|
|Clear list of blocked videos||Y||N|
|Background play on/off||Y||N|
|Auto offline on/off||Y||N|
|Save over Wi-Fi only||Y||N|
|Amount of offline storage that videos can use (Premium only)||Y||N|
|App music/Sound effects||N||Y|
|Closed captions on/off||N||Y|
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?