Customise your child's experience: Block content in YouTube Kids
You can customise the content you see in the YouTube Kids app by signing into the app and blocking videos or channels that you don't want your child to watch.
When you block a video or channel, you will no longer see that video in the YouTube Kids apps when you are signed in. You can always clear your blocked videos and channels from Settings if you change your mind. Please note that when you block a specific video, it may still be available in the app if it has also been uploaded by a different channel.
You can also report videos that you find inappropriate in the YouTube Kids app. They will be reviewed by a YouTube policy team. If you are signed in when you report a video, it will also be blocked from the YouTube Kids app when you are signed in.
Sign in to YouTube Kids to customise content
You can sign in to the Kids app to customise your children's experience and enable YouTube Red benefits* in the app.
- Tap the lock icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Sign in.
- Tap on the account you'd like to use.
- Tap Send parental consent email
- Check your email for the consent letter and activation code.
- Enter the code in the application.
* YouTube Red for YouTube Kids is only available in the United States, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand.
You must be signed in to the YouTube Kids app to block videos or channels. When you block a video or channel, you will no longer see it in the YouTube Kids app when you are signed in. If you try to block a video while signed out, a dialogue box will appear asking you to sign in.
From the Home screen
Tap More next to the video.
Tap Block this video or Block this channel.
Enter the numbers that you see written on the screen, or enter your custom passcode.
From the Watch Page
- Tap More at the top of the video.
- Tap Block.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Block this video, or select Block this channel to block the channel associated with the video.
- Tap Block again.
- Enter the numbers that you see written on the screen, or enter your custom passcode.
If you change your mind about a video or channel you've blocked, you can clear it in Settings. If you block content and sign out of the app, any content that you've blocked while signed in will be watchable when you sign out.
- Sign in to the YouTube Kids app.
- Go to Settings .
- Tap Unblock videos.
- Tap Yes, unblock.