Manage account access
When you sign in to your Android device with your Google account, all of your email, contacts, calendar events and other data associated with that account will be synced on your device.
While you can manage how apps connected to your Google Account are synced on your mobile device, we recommend that you create a restricted profile for your child if you want to use your account on YouTube Kids to access signed in features. You can then choose which apps, features and content are available for that restricted profile on that device. For example, you can create a restricted profile to prevent a family member from using your tablet to view mature content.
- Open the Settings app .
- Under "Device", select Users.
- Tap Add user or profile.
- Tap Restricted profile. The new profile with a list of settings is shown. To name the profile, touch New profile.
- Toggle the ON/OFF toggles within Settings to choose the features and settings the user can access.
- If you're with the new user: Touch the Back arrow , and then touch the new user on the screen to set up their Google Account and other details.
- If the new user isn't around: Touch the Back arrow . The next time that they switch to their user, they can follow the instructions on the screen to set up their Google Account and other details.
The restricted user's home screen is empty after setting it up. Learn how to add apps and widgets to the home screen.
You can choose to turn auto-sync on or off for specific apps.
How to manage sync for apps on your device
- On your mobile device, open Settings .
- Under "Personal", touch Accounts. If your device is running Android 4.4. or below, look under "Accounts".
- Touch your account. If you have a Google account on your device, touch Google, then your account.
- Touch the account that you want to change the sync settings in. You'll see a list of apps and data that this account can sync with and when they last synced.
- Switch on (or tick) items that you want to keep synced and switch off (or untick) items that you don't want to automatically sync. When you turn on sync for an app, you'll see the sync icon while the app syncs.
Note: Turning off sync for an app doesn't remove the app from your device – it simply stops it from being kept up to date with changes that you make in the app on other devices that you're signed in to.
Finally, if you do not want your child to be disturbed by notifications, you can adjust the notification settings for your device.