When you sign in to your Android device with your Google Account, you can sync up your data on one device. This sync includes your email, contacts, calendar events and other data associated with your Google Account.
You can even manage how apps connected to your Google Account are synced on your mobile device.
When using YouTube Kids, we recommend that you create a restricted profile for your child if you want to use signed-in features. You can then choose which apps, features and content are available for that restricted profile on that device. For example, you can create a restricted profile to prevent a family member from using your tablet to view mature content.Create a restricted profile
- Open the Settings app .
- Under 'Device', select Users.
- Tap Add user or profile.
- Tap Restricted profile. The new profile with a list of settings is shown. To name the profile, tap New profile.
- Toggle the ON/OFF toggles within Settings and choose the features and settings the user can access.
- If you're with the new user: Tap the back arrow , and then tap the new user to set up their Google Account and other details.
- If the new user isn't around: Tap the back arrow . The next time that they switch to their user, they can follow the instructions on the screen to set up their Google Account and other details.
The restricted user's home screen is empty after setting it up. Learn how to add apps and shortcuts to the home screen.
You can choose to turn auto-sync on or off for specific apps.
How to manage sync for apps on your device
- On your mobile device, open Settings .
- Under 'Personal', tap Accounts. If your device is running Android 4.4. or below, look under 'Accounts'.
- Tap your account. If you have a Google Account on your device, tap Google, then your account.
- Tap the account whose sync settings you want to change. You'll see a list of apps and data that this account can sync with and when they last synced.
- Switch on (or tick) items that you want to keep synced and switch off (or untick) items that you don't want to automatically sync. When you turn on sync for an app, you'll see the sync icon while the app syncs.
Note: Turning off sync for an app doesn't remove the app from your device. Turning off sync simply stops it from being kept up to date with changes you make in the app on other devices you're signed in to.
Finally, if you do not want your child to be disturbed by notifications, you can change the notification settings for your device.