Manage account access
When you sign into your Android device with your Google account, all of your email, contacts, calendar events, and other data associated with that account will be synced on your device.
While you can manage how apps connected to your Google Account are synced on your mobile device we recommend that you create a restricted profile for your child if they are using YouTube Kids with your Red Subscription on a tablet. By creating a restricted profile you choose which apps, features, and content a restricted user can access. For example, you can create a restricted profile to prevent a family member from using your tablet to view mature content.
- Open the Settings app
- Under “Device,” select Users
- Tap Add user or profile
- Tap Restricted profile. The new profile with a list of settings shows up. To name the profile, touch New profile
- Toggle the ON/OFF toggles within Settings to choose the features and settings the user can access
- If you're with the new user: Touch the Back arrow , and then touch the new user to set up their Google Account and other details.
- If the new user isn't around: Touch the Back arrow . The next time they switch to their user, they can follow the instructions on the screen to set up their Google Account and other details.
The restricted user’s homescreen is empty after setting it up. Learn how to add apps and widgets to the homescreen.
You can choose to turn auto-sync on or off for specific apps.
How to manage sync for apps on your device
- On your mobile device, open Settings .
- Under "Personal," touch Accounts. If your device is running Android 4.4. or below, look under "Accounts."
- Touch your account. If you have a Google account on your device, touch Google, then your account.
- Touch the account whose sync settings you want to change. You'll see a list of apps and data that this account can sync with and when they last synced.
- Switch on (or check) items you want to keep synced and switch off (or uncheck) items you don't want to automatically sync. When you turn on sync for an app, you'll see the sync icon while the app syncs.
Note: Turning off sync for an app doesn't remove the app from your device — it simply stops it from being kept up to date with changes you make in the app on other devices you're signed in to.
Finally if you do not want your child to be disturbed by notifications you can adjust the notification settings for your device.