Homescreen video categories
At the top of YouTube Kids, you’ll see icons for video content by category:
- Shows includes kid-friendly programming from popular YouTube creators, family media networks and new and nostalgic characters.
- Music includes nursery rhymes, kid-friendly covers, dance tutorials and sing-alongs.
- Learning includes content to promote fun, active learning: from ABCs and 123s, to science experiments and language learning.
- Explore includes content that inspires children to explore the world around them, develop new hobbies, and explore topics they're interested in.
- Gaming includes content featuring kids favorite video games and gamers. This category is shown only when the Older content setting, which is only available in certain countries.
YouTube Kids may periodically introduce temporary categories such as “Reading” to celebrate reading month, for instance.
The app selects the videos in these categories from the millions of videos available in YouTube Kids using our algorithms plus some human review.
If your child has watched multiple videos in the YouTube Kids app, your child may see recommended videos in these categories as well as an additional Recommended videos category that contains recommendations based on viewing and search history. This category may also include Watch it again videos. Learn more about Recommended videos and Watch it again.