YouTube Kids gets better with every video watched. When your child has watched multiple videos in the app, the app may recommend videos in the homescreen and show the Recommended icon .
- Recommended videos include videos based on watch and search history. They are drawn from all the videos accessible from YouTube Kids and selected by our algorithm without human review.
- If your child's profile is set to Approved content only, Recommended videos are drawn only from content you’ve approved for your child.
- Users in some countries have the option to select the Younger or Older content setting for their child. If Younger is selected, Recommended videos are drawn from videos available in Younger content setting only. If Older content setting is selected, Recommended videos are drawn from videos available in Older content (which also includes all Younger content videos).
- You can reset Recommended videos by clearing watch and search history in parental settings. If you pause search and watch history in parental settings, the app will stop using videos you watch or your searches, while history is paused, to recommend videos.
- The app will automatically reset Recommended videos by clearing watch and search history every time you turn Search off. With Search off, Recommended videos will be based only on the videos watched since the time Search was turned off. Whether Search is on or off, however, Recommended videos are selected from the broad set of videos accessible from YouTube Kids.
We’ve taken a number of precautions to ensure that families using YouTube Kids will see videos that are appropriate for younger audiences. We screen Recommended content using a mix of algorithms and user input, and we are continuously making improvements based on new technology, research, and user feedback. Please remember, YouTube handles tremendous breadth, depth and scale of content -- so while we work hard to get it right, sometimes your child may find content in the app that you may not want them to watch. If this happens, you can block the video or channel and/or report the video.