You can download videos to watch offline with YouTube Go.
Download a video
- Go to the video you’d like to download on the Home tab or the search results page.
- Tap the video thumbnail.
- Select the video quality that you would like to download the video in, then tap Download.
Note: Standard quality is selected by default.
The Download button will turn blue below the video once it’s downloaded. Learn more about downloading videos to an SD card.
You’ll need to reconnect your device to a mobile or Wi-Fi network periodically to continue to enjoy content offline.
If your device loses connectivity as you’re downloading a video, your progress will resume automatically when you reconnect to the internet.
YouTube Go can use minimal data to check for changes to the video or its availability. If a downloaded video is no longer available for offline playback, it will be removed from your device during the next sync.
Note: Some videos aren’t available for download based on the content owner’s settings.
Access downloaded videos
- At the top of the page, tap More .
- Tap Settings.
- Under the “Profile” section, you’ll see the Google Account that's signed in.
Note: YouTube Go will store downloaded videos as .yt files and these videos will only be playable in YouTube apps.
Delete a downloaded video
- Go to the Downloads tab.
- Next to the video you'd like to delete, tap More .
- Select Delete from Phone.
- Tap Delete on the notification screen.
Downloaded videos in YouTube Go also show in your device gallery or file manager and can be deleted there.