Preview, start and stop Events
There are two ways to start a live Event:
- Select this option under Advanced Settings when you are setting up your event
- As soon as ingestion starts from your encoding software, an auto-start event will automatically go live and start sending data to your viewers.
- Note: Auto-start events do not auto-stop (incase you are having ingestion issues). Please remember to Stop your live event when you are done.
- When the event has ended, click Stop Streaming.
- You cannot restart your event once you have stopped it.
The Live Control Room is not currently available on mobile or tablet.
- Start your encoder.
- Click Preview to check the stream from the encoder. (Please allow 1 minute to initiate transcoding process.)
You cannot return to preview state after you have started.
You have two options to start your stream
|Option 1||Option 2|
|Start immediately by unchecking the 'Sync to preview player' player box and clicking Start Streaming. This option removes the preview player.||Start Streaming with the 'Sync to preview player' player box checked. Start the Preview Player then click Start Streaming.|
- Click Start Streaming to start the event after you're done testing.
- Monitor the event from the Live Control Room.
- You can insert Mid-roll ads and YouTube Slates.
- Use Broadcast Alerts as-needed before and during the event to notify viewers of delays.
When the event has ended, click Stop Streaming.
You cannot restart your event once you have stopped it.
**The Live Control Room is not currently available on mobile or tablet.